Thoughtful in Selah

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hearing from God

God did quite an amazing thing this night while I was at Church of the King. During the sermon, God had said, "Phillipians." I was just like... "Say what?" So I ignored it thinking that I just said it in my head rather than heard it. Well, a moment later, I hear "Phillipians." It just kept coming. So, by faith, I turned in my FireBible to Phillipians and I just happened to have a sticky note there with a verse marked: Phillipans 2:13.

"...for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose."

Simple verse, right? To you, maybe, but it applies to a much larger picture to me and the other guys from my circle of faith. See, lately we have been praying for purity in our daily lives in what we do - what we say, how we act, and even our thoughts. This is just one of those little reminders that God is still BIG and we are to be walking in His footsteps according to His plan. I guess I just can't effectively explain this one in words.

Shortly after this, God spoke to me a second time and said "Ezekiel." So now I'm thinking, alright, now this is cool. God is telling me some cool stuff here. So I flip to Ezekiel to find that there are 48 chapters there. I'm just thinking, 'how on Earth am I supposed to find what God wants to tell me out of 48 chapters?' So I prayed that God would give me a number. He pointed me to 20 so I turned to the second page of chapter 20 by happenstance to find a section title in bold letters: "Prophecy Against the South".

I don't want to spoil it for someone else but this is actually the answer to a dream from Cinnamon. (If you don't know the dream, than you'll have to ask her about it.) So anyway, I started reading this short little paragraph to see what it said.

"The Word of the Lord came to me: Son of man, set your face toward the south; preach against the south and prophesy against the forest of the southland. Say to the southern forest: 'Hear the word of the Lord. This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am about to set fire to you, and it will consume all your trees, both green and dry. The blazing flame will not be quenched, and every face from south to north will be scorched by it. Everyone will see that I the Lord have kindled it; it will not be quenhed.'" ~Ezekiel 20:45-48

Now time for the context: In this time pertaining to this particular passage, the people in this land worshipped idols. So basically God was not very happy and plans to destroy the land because of it. However, afterwards, everyone will return back to God and praise only Him. I believe that this is a shift in the nation that will begin soon.

I'm not the most philisophical person, but I'm going to put this passage to present times. I think that we can compare the fire to hurricane Katrina and the damage done to the south, mainly Louisiana. Obviously with Mardis Gras, and the things that take place down there, New Orleans is not a holy city by any means. Same thing in the days of Ezekiel. But the Bible says that they will turn back to God and like verse 47 says, "from south to north" I believe that a revival will start and begin sweeping up the nation when it starts. So Cinnamon has recieved a dream that has called us to pray for the south, and I don't mean to ruin it for anyone or lead a different interpretation here but I believe that we need to start a prayer initiative to begin interceeding over the south of the United States because things are going to begin to change and it will sweep to the North.

Why wouldn't God begin a change - a revival - in probably the most unholy city (other than Los Vegas) in the United States?

Labels:

posted by Thoughtful in Selah at 11:27 PM

2 Comments:

Good post I totally agree with everything you said. You actually answered one of my questions about the dream. God bless

Cinnamon
:)

Aug 27, 2008, 1:27:00 PM  

Thank you so much for your homage to piano boy. The video clip/song was amazing!! Awesome!!

Sep 9, 2008, 7:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home