Thoughtful in Selah

Friday, June 15, 2007

Intellectual Theories

I'm actually kind of disappointed because I found out today that nobody has read my blog recently. I must say, what the junk? This is my third post in two days and who knows how many people still have to catch up to last week. wow...


I suck at life.


I've been thinking again and devised, yet another, theory in which I should enlighten you all. (Don't worry this won't be that complex as this post.)
This actually relates to Lost. So for all the fans out there, you may actually know what I'm talking about.

In Lost, there is a man who gets bits of flash forwards and can always see when this guy is about to die. He has saved his life countless times but tells him that life has a way of self-correcting. So no matter what he does to save this guy's life, he will still end up dying. Now I think about this because of this event:

My dad and I were watching the Cav's basketball game (WOW shocking... Me watching sports) and at the end they lost by one point. (of course the last 37 seconds of the game actually takes 15 minutes in real time). My dad said to me, "If only LaBron had made one more shot then they would have won."

Now I think about this and devise a new theory that things have a way of self-correcting. If LaBron made another shot in the middle of the game, the players would be set up on the court differently creating a new scenario and altering the end result.

Let's try some math here - Say that A + B + C + D + E + F + G = 25
okay, so say that these are a whole bunch of baskets made and their score is 25. If LaBron made one more basket in the middle (making D2) then that would not correctly set up the scenario to score E, F, and G. So the new scoring order is A + B + C + D2 + H + I + J = __<=25(less than or equal to)

So by changing one variable, it can ruin the whole order because other dependent variables are not in the same place yielding different results. So now matter what, the game would have self-corrected and the Cav's still would have lost (even though I was rooting for them)

Labels:

posted by Thoughtful in Selah at 12:08 AM

5 Comments:

You have to realize that a change can also lead to good things. for instance, A + B + C + D2 + H + I + J + K + L + M + N + O + P= __>=25(less than or equal to)

Jun 15, 2007, 2:06:00 PM  

you make my brain hurt...

Jun 16, 2007, 6:58:00 PM  

i read your blog, and last i knew you did not suck at life

Storm

Jun 17, 2007, 12:42:00 PM  

you know i may not be a math wiz or anything but i followed that and that itself is amazing and if you really knew me you would know that...haha

Jun 17, 2007, 3:21:00 PM  

I definatly found it on my own, I forgot you had the same pic, oh well, I STOLE IT! MUAHAHAHA

Jun 17, 2007, 10:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home