Thoughtful in Selah

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Capture Me

Last week I wrote a new song that is by far the best that I have ever written. Using my talents I write two kinds of music - Instrumental (somewhere from easy listening to smooth jazz) and Choruses (Songs with words). This one is the best Chorus that I've written. I have no clue where I get all of it from but I know that the main melody I somewhat pulled from "Here I Am To Worship". I think that Remain liked it to when we did it on Thursday. I'll post the lyrics below:




(1) Here I am Lord once again
I leave all that I am behind
I turn around and run to You
Please take my life and make it new

Bridge:
And I fall on my face, before Mighty Grace
And it's You I'm trying to find.

Chorus:
I cry out to You my God that You would save my soul.
Fill me right here, right now until I overflow
I lift my hands high to You that You would touch me.
I lift up my chains to You that You would set me free.
Cause I'm lost in the dark and I cannot see
So I pray that You would capture me.

(2) I'm standing in Your presence once again
You have saved me from the lion's den
I give all that I am to You
Let me follow what is true.




I'm planning on writing a new song over Isaiah chapter 60. I think that is a pretty cool section of Isaiah.

Labels:

posted by Thoughtful in Selah at 10:23 PM

1 Comments:

I wish I was there to hear it is a really good song I like it. Can't wait to hear the next song you write. See you Thursday.

cinnamon
:)

Feb 4, 2008, 1:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home