Thoughtful in Selah

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ah, the Festivities

I was going to talk about one thing in particular, but as I just sat down, more things have come to mind. So, I'll write on all of them.

First off, I am now finished "Four Tickets To Christmas" musical. The shows were pretty good. I believe another rehearsal would have greatly benefited us but there wasn't enough time. Saturday's performance was perfect though. I was very happy and proud. My total time for working on the show was 29 hours. I'm glad I have a "life" again, now.

The second topic is derived from the title of this post. The "Festivities" being a synonym for "Holidays" which is now politically correct. I'm here to criticize the word "Holiday" because it shouldn't replace Christmas. There is a reason why we call it Christmas and that shouldn't be forgotten though it seems that it already has.

Third topic is about my feelings of Christmas. Today was my first official "Christmas Moment". Mom and Katie were baking cookies, snow was flying at 53 mph, I was wearing my slippers, doing my Christmas shopping online, and had that warm fuzzy feeling inside. Then tonight I had a thought that I thought I would share with you. One of my fondest memories of all my Christmas's is the enjoyment that I get not from the big present under the tree, but from the small ones. These are my favorite. The smaller the better because it is like a riddle or a thinking puzzle. It is a tradition that every year my aunt gets us some unique gift small enough to fit on our palms. It's moments like these that I feel are special. And I know it's not about the presents and I don't feel that it is. But I like it when families spend time together, keeping traditions alive, and making Christmas special.

Labels:

posted by Thoughtful in Selah at 11:15 PM

1 Comments:

what a good post I enjoyed reading it.

Dec 19, 2007, 3:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home