Thoughtful in Selah

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Encouragement...

Encouragement - This time through a dream.

Lately Pastor Hiser at my church has been speaking about the anointing of God. These have been amazing services. For awhile now I've been praying that God would transform my life and that he would speak to me. I especially like dreams because they can mean different things and it gives me something to meditate upon. One night I wasn't expecting anything and I didn't even pray about it. God gave me this dream:

Being a guy, we all have the same "struggle" (you know... chapter 5 from "Every Young Man's Battle") So I was in the moment and being tempted. And as I was about to do sinful things, the Holy Spirit moved and let's just say "completely ruined the mood" which was a good thing.

That was it. Kind of weird because it was rated R and was very graphic, but it was highly encouraging. So I prayed about it when I woke up, just to thank God for the dream. No by no means does it make me have less of a hard time of a circumstance. I believe that when God begins lifting us up that Satan will try to work harder to bring us down. So these passed two days were not very good days but that can't fully obfuscate my focus.

About a month ago, I was in the shower and was trying to keep my mind fully focused on God and then I began getting really angry at Satan because of the apparent temptation. I physically and spiritually said "I am filled with God's Spirit and my mind is focused on Him and I will not disgrace the presence of the Lord with sinful acts." So now this is the phrase I say when I'm having it rough. It means so much because as anointed servants, we should be "Holy and blameless and pure" in His presence.

Labels:

posted by Thoughtful in Selah at 8:17 PM

1 Comments:

really great post. I know that I go through circumstances that I don't like I go through circumstances at work. they blow but God helps me get through them.

Nov 12, 2007, 4:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home