Thoughtful in Selah

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Mark of The Beast vs. Seal of The Almighty

Now I'm not going to go too far into eschatology here, but I found this interesting. First let me provide you with the decision chain of how I got here in the first place.

1. I received two comments
2. These inspired me to do a follow-up post
3. I needed something to talk about
4. I went digging through an interesting book of the Bible
5. Found something very interesting in the interesting book of the interesting Bible...

Interestingly enough, I found a verse in Revelations that talks about 144,000 people from the tribes of Israel. Now I was quite perplexed when I read a couple versus from chapter 7.
"'Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.' Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel."
When I read this at first I was really thrown into a whirlwind because I just saw 'seal' and 'marked' and the first thing I thought of was the mark of the beast. I didn't think that was right and I didn't understand what was going on... thank goodness I have a study Bible! Let's take a look at the footnotes...


"SEAL OF THE LIVING GOD" - The seal was a tool or ring that stamped an owner's mark of identification on something. God's seal on a person identifies that person as belonging to God, devoted to his service and under his care."






WOW!!! I WOULD LOVE TO BE BRANDED BY GOD!!!

So now I have learned something new that is really interesting which just makes me want to serve a God because I've been branded by him and I am in His service and under His care. Sweet....

Labels:

posted by Thoughtful in Selah at 9:34 PM

3 Comments:

I find your post very interesting! Thanks for sharing your find. Better (infinitely better) to be branded by God than by the mainstream media!!! I can hear the Battle Cry!

Oct 4, 2007, 10:28:00 AM  

Great Post. I love when you post these kind of posts it keeps me interested. I;m SO GLAD that you posted this Thank you SO much for posting this. God bless

:)

Oct 4, 2007, 3:15:00 PM  

very nice post we need to get together again and worship
God Bless Applejacks

Oct 9, 2007, 7:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home