Thoughtful in Selah

Monday, October 1, 2007

And thus I succumb NO LONGER!

That's it I'm finished, I'm through....

This post is for the guys mainly but I want to make, ...uh... a praise report if nothing else.

You know how when your 13-16 you go through that stage of life that is just filled with junk and trials and temptations? You know what I'm talking about...
Well who doesn't deal with that?

For the past couple of days I've been thinking about hard it is to over come this stronghold that has its grip on me. I am no longer obsessed about thoughts or fantasies of sin. Now all of a sudden a great burden is being lifted off of my shoulders. I'm beginning to lose interest in what use to be a daily focus and a daily battle. I just feel so revived that I can praise and worship the Lord so much more!

Today I was surfing the web looking through some pieces of software when these popups kept coming up. Okay I know that a couple of my readers have told me time and time again to get a popup filter installed but I said I didn't need it. Well usually these things don't happen but one popped up and of course it was just the thing that we fear the most. Let's just say it was "adult content". So what do you do... You have two choices. Either X-Out or sit there and stare and follow the links to the sinful web pages. No before when this would happen I would do what any random Joe would do; I would go looking through the website. Only today was different. I became just so--I don't know the words for it--"enraged" that I just said in my heart, "I'm walking with God and I will not stumble nor fall". So I closed out of Firefox and felt proud of myself for taking the stand!!! And if you were in TFC last Tuesday than you know that that is what I talked about.

They say that the first step is the hardest. With the Lord on my side and I on His than I will begin fighting a winning war than a losing battle.

"I cry freedom from the chains that bind our children,
Freedom from the chains, that bind our praise to You,
Freedom from the lies of the enemy!

FREEDOM!!!!"


"I'm no longer chained, no longer bound,
I'm no longer lost 'cause I've been found,
No longer dead 'cause I'm alive,
HE lives in me He's Jesus Christ!"

Labels:

posted by Thoughtful in Selah at 8:02 PM

3 Comments:

That is so AMAZING I'm really glad that you shared that. That is one of your BEST post ever.
Good job of ignoring that pop up.

Oct 3, 2007, 8:56:00 PM  

Awesome! God is Faithful and He will keep you in perfect peace while you keep your mind focused on Him.

Fight the good fight of faith! Run the race!

Oct 3, 2007, 9:17:00 PM  

Wow, you really sound redeemed. And a side note, never click on the X on the pop ups. I read on a Spyware Horror Story that that usually activates the virus or whatever is in there. Use Alt+Ctrl+Del to get rid of it.

Oct 5, 2007, 9:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home