Thoughtful in Selah

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Jesus Take The Wheel

Now I'm not going to be talking about the country song or anything like that but lately I have been experiencing some real rough times. The first thing being my thoughts and the second being the impure actions that follow. I'm a teenager and so these are the things that I'm pretty sure all teenagers with an X and Y chromosome go through but that is no excuse for one who is living and striving to live for the Lord. I've learned that these times just come in waves. I'll being doing great and I'm on a Spiritual high and then it falls and I'm at the depth of a crater.

Tonight at Remain I was giving the message. All this week I've been pounding the pavement of something to discuss and I just had no idea. Something just told me to read through Acts. When I flipped open I read Acts chapter 10 "Faith of the Centurion". My message tonight was titled "Small Steps in Big Shoes". It doesn't sound that impressive, I know, but I broke it down and talked about how we have to have a strong enough faith to follow God 'blindly' wherever he leads us.

This is something that I have been struggling with because I've been doing it my way. Everyday we have a choice in our actions and sometimes I take the wrong way. I need to put up a stronger fight. Instead of forcing myself into a 'higher sense of spirituality' -or so to speak- without earnestly seeking God and digging deeper in faith and my relationship, I need to let God lead me and take the driver's seat. When God opens a door for me I need to immediately take advantage of the opportunity instead of pausing and asking Why?

It's funny because I didn't have the intention to talk about this but now I feel that more people need to hear this. So many people claim that they are spiritual people but they don't do anything when God gives them the opportunity. They don't pursue they're relationship with God.

~TiS

Labels:

posted by Thoughtful in Selah at 9:15 PM

2 Comments:

The way I see it (oh no here it comes lol) is that you are right on this. Sometimes people have a hard time following the will of God. I think we should try our best to follow his will, I don't think he expects anybody to do it perfectly though. God loves us for what we do and try to do that is good. Sometimes the road is tough, and it is always tempting to go your own way, just try to keep in mind what you know you NEED to do, not what you WANT to do.

If that helps at all...

Feb 7, 2008, 9:33:00 PM  

It is hard to do what God wants you to do. I deal with the same thing God tells me to do something and I pause and ask him if thats really what he wants me to do. I need to work on obeying God. Your message was really good.

Feb 8, 2008, 10:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home