Thoughtful in Selah

Saturday, February 9, 2008

And so, Life Begins

On Friday, we registered for next year's classes at school. I've been throwing some ideas around of what I wanted to take. My older brother has given me some advice in the past and so far it has helped me get my diploma with honors. Now he has advised me to take PSOP (Post - Secondary Option Program). It's a great concept, but I'm scared to death of actually doing it. PSOP allows me to get one year of free college education while attending high school. So I will be at NHS until 11:15 and then I would go to BGSU Firelands and take a couple classes in the afternoon. Now I'm going to weigh it all out:

Pros:
Free college courses
advanced classes
huge selection of classes
get both high school and college credit

Cons:
More schooling time (credit hours)
Way more difficult homework
A lot more homework
A more busy schedule
Giving up some extra curricular activities

I think it is all balanced. Not to mention I'm pretty nervous about it all considering I have no idea what I'm doing. I mean this is college we're talking about. There's no one there to tell you where room 5209 is. They don't lead you by the hand anymore and I understand that but that's the part that makes me nervous. But that's life and sometime or another everyone will hit that point.

On a different note - I called BestBuy today to do a followup call for my application. They said that they would give my name and number to the people in charge of apps and they would call me back. So I'll be waiting on that. I'm not quite as afraid of working because I've had a couple jobs already. I'm actually anxious to go to work in a geeky environment. I think I will fit in quite nicely (***please, no need to comment on this statement). I need something to keep me occupied as if school next year isn't going to be enough.

Topic three - performances (in general). On Monday, I get out of two periods for the fun of follow spotting some guy giving a presentation. Whatever...
After that I have the GALA
Then I start Musical which will run until the middle of March. Here comes the fun!

I think that's all for now, I will probably end up posting some sort of schedule on here maybe.

Labels:

posted by Thoughtful in Selah at 5:31 PM

1 Comments:

if you do college courses I'm sure you'll do great.

Feb 10, 2008, 10:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home