Thoughtful in Selah

Friday, February 15, 2008

Single Awarness Day

I know that this post is a little delayed but I still wanted to put it on here. From the title, I'm speaking about Feb. 14th. Now I'm not going to be as cynical as last year because this year is quite different. But before I get into that, I'm going to put something into mathematical terms...

All women require two things: time and money.

So Women = Time*Money

We know that time IS money, so...

Women = Money*Money
Women = Money2 (to the second power)

We know that money is the root of all evil so...

Women = sqrt(evil)2 (to the second power)

And thus, we are forced to conclude that...

Women = Evil
Q.E.D.

On the contrary, I had quite a pleasant afternoon with a.. um, let's just say a lady friend. It was sort of like a date but we just sat and talked. I could tell that we both really enjoyed it and were wishing that time would stand still. Somehow, I think we ended up promising that we would get together again. It's really weird because this time I don't have to do anything. Normally I always have to ask someone out but this time it is just happening naturally. Talk about sweet.

Dating vs. Courting

I know the difference between the two and I must say that I feel that I'm somewhere in the middle, honestly. I'm not one for just randomly dating people and I feel that you should really know someone by kinda courting them first. I used to play the game like everyone does in middle school, but then I became mature (well more mature anyway) and I now realize it doesn't and shouldn't work like that.

So I've been doing a completely different approach. I decided to lean more towards courting. I've actually been praying about a future relationship for quite awhile, and it hasn't been over a specific person. I left that detail (which is rather a large detail) up to God. I've just been praying for the right door to open and that he would lead me. I think God's timing is perfect and awesome and I believe things may be falling into place. Who knows? Well, God does.

Now to the members of Remain - I don't need preached to about making the "right decisions". I've heard that sermon from DA a few times. I'm not even saying anything at all and wha d'ya know? Everything is just happening itself.

So that's life for now. I hope your V-Day was 'ight'.

Labels: ,

posted by Thoughtful in Selah at 10:16 PM

2 Comments:

Good post not so sure about the top part though I must say that I disagree with that I think you need to look at your math work over very carefully. I'm glad your outing with your lady friend went well.

Feb 17, 2008, 12:04:00 PM  

word of warning, women can cause far more trouble than they are worth. Notice I said "can" not "will". It has become my opinion, as of late, that they can be very manipulative and nearly heartless sometimes. If this lady friend is the one who I think it is, shes not manipulative. But her "replacement" was. I can explain what I mean by replacement if you really want to know, its nothing offensive, its just a rather disturbing turn of circumstances that happened earlier this year.
I'm glad things seem to be working out though.

Mar 22, 2008, 2:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home