Thoughtful in Selah

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Take this job and love it

Today at church, Pastor was preaching about loving your job no matter what. Even if it sucks and you hate it to death, you are put there for a reason and you should do your best at it. Period. Afterward, I made the remark to my parents, "I find it ironic that pastor preaches about jobs one day after I call Best Buy following up on my application." Weird huh?

Lately, it has been interesting to see how all the little pieces of life have been falling together in quite a peculiar way. I'm just gonna say, it has to be a supernatural God thing. It's almost like one event will come up that will hint towards the next step which will be something BIG! Allow me to refer to a previous post. Lately, the little thing's I've noticed have fallen into a bigger picture.

So I'm taking this one all the same. I'm expecting God to provide for me. Now that I'm becoming older and I now have so many other stresses being placed on me, I know that God will stretch me out and everything will be ight. I just need to remember that God is my taxi cab driver in downtown "Life". After all, doesn't the bible say that "When you pray, believe that God has already given it to you and it will be yours"? So I should believe that I already have a job and that God will provide.

~TiS

Labels:

posted by Thoughtful in Selah at 9:04 PM

4 Comments:

Sometimes its hard to like the job that you have. I know that it's really hard to love my job I mean I work at McDonalds. I don't know if I could ever love my job.But I do tolerate it .

Feb 10, 2008, 10:55:00 PM  

Oh yeah you forgot the "R" in the second sentence of the third paragraph. When I first saw that I thought "Oh No Brice is trying to be cool" I'm just kidding I love messing with you sometimes.

Feb 10, 2008, 11:00:00 PM  

I'm with Cinnamon.I have to admit that at first I wondered if you were trying to be gangsta leaving the "r" out of right.

Feb 12, 2008, 7:40:00 PM  

Hey thanks for posting... Your post encouraged me and made me think about my job and how I should be thankful I have it..because God provided me with it..

Feb 13, 2008, 5:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home