Thoughtful in Selah

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Where's Luna?

You know.. like where's waldo?

Actually I'm talking about the moon Luna, which if you didn't know, that is the name of Earth's moon. Anyway tonight there will be a lunar eclipse. Technically, it began about 38 minutes ago, but it will not be fully eclipsed until about 10:00. They say that when it is fully eclipsed, it will turn a deep orange color or even red depending on the current atmosphere.

I was thinking about this today when a certain verse came to mind. Out of the good old book of Acts reads: "I will show wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord." So I was thinking about this verse and applying it to today for the fun of it and here is my translation with a commentary...

We will experience prophecies in the last day and miracles and wonders performed. The signs on the Earth like storms, tsunamis, and earth quakes. Blood as in wars taking place in Iraq. The sun will be turned to darkness - as in night time, as in the current time right now, and the moon to blood, the shade of red that will occur during the eclipse.

Wouldn't that be cool? Now I know that's won't really happen as Revelations tells us that no man knows the hour when He shall return but there's no harm in applying the bible to our everyday lives.

I thought I would just share that for the fun of it. Have a good night everyone and enjoy the show tonight! A total lunar eclipse only happens every three and a half years. However, a partial lunar eclipse happens about every 173 days.

P.S. - This is my first post from my brand new computer. Thanks to the BIG Nerd for helping me with my O/S troubles.

Labels:

posted by Thoughtful in Selah at 8:38 PM

2 Comments:

Great post I enjoyed it one of your best yet. Congrats on your new computer.
:D

Feb 20, 2008, 9:11:00 PM  

I think the moon is a beautiful natural occurance. Congrats on your nnew computer.

Feb 20, 2008, 11:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home