Thoughtful in Selah

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Satan is Losing - Jesus is the Winna, Mon

Hang onto your hats ladies and gentleman, God is moving big in my life. He just now re-ignited His Fire within me and I've started randomly speaking in Tongues again - praise the Lord, and he is really giving me a lot of stuff to share with you all. I realize that this is the second post in one day, but it is going to be a spectacular one!

First of all, I really feel completely set free. I have an emptiness that only the Holy Spirit can bring. Hallelujah!
Secondly, because of this, I want to share everything that Lord is trying to spill out of me and it keeps coming too fast so hold on while I try and overflow here..........

God told me to look up some scriptures pertaining to Joy - go figure. I found 25 instances of expressing joy in the Bible and two caught my attention. I think you will be astonished at how God is going to use them.

1. 1 Samuel 18:6

6 When the men were returning home after David had killed the Philistine, the women came out from all the towns of Israel to meet King Saul with singing and dancing, with joyful songs and with tambourines and lutes.

I just listened to Nathan Issac's teaching from the GenOne conference in D.C. and he was talking about a pattern in the Bible where enemies have killed themselves with the weapons setup to destroy us. So this particular passage applies great here as one of Nathan's examples was David and Goliath. See Goliath was supposed to take on David and his goal was to kill David with his gigantic sword. Well it ended up being Goliath's sword that took of Goliath's head. It is the weapon of the enemy that kills the enemy. And just like I was referring to in one of my latter posts, my worship is my shield and that is what the enemy is attacking. And it is the weapon used in that attack that has defeated him! So from this passage, it is the joyful songs - which I am now singing - with worship that has defeated my enemy.

2. Ezra 3:11-13
11 With praise and thanksgiving they sang to the LORD :
"He is good;
his love to Israel endures forever."
And all the people gave a great shout of praise to the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid. 12 But many of the older priests and Levites and family heads, who had seen the former temple, wept aloud when they saw the foundation of this temple being laid, while many others shouted for joy. 13 No one could distinguish the sound of the shouts of joy from the sound of weeping, because the people made so much noise. And the sound was heard far away.


See the connection? Neither did I until the Lord reminded me of another verse: 1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.

wow...

So it is almost like this huge cleaning that has taken place, where the Holy Spirit has moved in my life again and it is almost like rebuilding my temple into a new clean slate. So because I am a child of God, I rejoice with joy that God has blessed me with a new foundation for a new temple - so to speak.

again, wow...

I think you can meditate on that for awhile because I can't explain it any better. Also part of this note is the following link. It will take you to rhapsody that will play a song by Ron Kenoly that I find perfect at this moment. http://www.rhapsody.com/goto?rcid=tra.22856937

Labels:

posted by Thoughtful in Selah at 11:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home