Thoughtful in Selah

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Life gets crazy and you realize you're growing up

Just in case the title got cut off for some reason, the title of this post it "Life Gets Crazy and You Realize You're Growing Up".

Why is this significant? Because I realized that I'm growing up and my "adult" life is beginning now. Lately I've been upsessed with college and freaking out on how to start my own life. I have a great plan for what I want to do but I have no freaking idea on how I'm going to take care of everything. This is where a lot of faith is necessary that God will provide.

Where to begin.... Ah yes.....

I turned in my application for PSEOP (Post - Secondary Enrollment Option Program) which is just a fancy way to say that I'll start college as a senior in high school and it's free. The guidance counselor has done so much for me that a lot of the stress has been lifted off of me.

Then a couple days later, he comes and finds me and says, "I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse. Have you ever heard of boy's state?" Thanks to DA I have. I'm not that enthusiastic about it but when I got home from school my parents started freaking out and saying that it would be awesome for me to go and that it is a high and prestigious award. (I really had no idea.) So I'm thinking about doing it although that is just another thing to make mer nervous for summer! Whoopy!

After next year I'm planning to go to the college of my choice - Full Sail. I want to major in show production and touring. Something else to look forward to stressing out about. With a tuition of $46,000 (that's not a typo) it's going to be one huge financial burden placed on my shoulders. Plus not to mention how difficult it's going to be to start life as a college student in a completely different state where I won't know a single soul.

Sometime between now and that time, I really need to find a job - something else for me to juggle. FUN!

By the way - I have another "award" to add to my collection: I am now a member of the National Honor Society.

Labels:

posted by Thoughtful in Selah at 11:17 PM

2 Comments:

congrats on being a member of the Honor society. Thats a lot of money for tuition for your college but God will provide. I hope you do go to boy's state I think that it would be a great opportunity for you.

Mar 24, 2008, 1:10:00 PM  

I think you are just getting seinorites a little early, thats all.

Mar 25, 2008, 8:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home